With over 1 million orders
Can Gloves for Arthritis Help With Flares?
There are more than 100 types of arthritis with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and psoriatic arthritis being the most common ones.
While each kind of arthritis can present different symptoms, all types can affect the hands. Arthritis in the hand can cause pain and stiffness that limits your ability to get on with simple day to day tasks, and over time, the possibility of losing mobility of your hand is also high. This is where gloves for arthritis come in. Many health professionals who treat arthritis will recommend these specialized gloves to help with symptoms. Since they are a great medical accessory that can go hand in hand with your medical treatment, gloves specially designed for arthritis can help alleviate pain and gain better use of your hands, while improving the range of motions of your fingers.
If you’re looking for a pair of gloves that can help reduce the pain in your hands caused by arthritis or conditions with similar symptoms that can affect your hand mobility, our specialized gloves can help. Keep reading to learn more about how each pair can address arthritis and similar conditions, as well as which kinds of gloves are best suited for your needs.
How can gloves for arthritis help ease pain and joint stiffness?
Arthritis gloves help alleviate pain and muscle aches by applying compression and providing support to the affected area by reducing swelling and stiffness. It addresses symptoms specifically in the finger joints, relieving pain, maintaining warmth, and increasing blood flow to hands and fingers. In addition to providing pain relief for arthritis-related symptoms, arthritis gloves are also amazing for improving soft-tissue or sports-related injuries due to their compression properties. While they aren’t a cure for arthritis, they can improve your grip and provide much needed support, which makes navigating daily tasks easier when you experience a flare up. However, do keep in mind that these gloves are usually designed to be worn for at least 8 hours. Be sure to wear them consistently, especially during activities where your hands and fingers will require additional support.
What are the improvements I can experience from wearing gloves for arthritis?
- The compression effect of arthritis gloves can reduce swelling and help manage swollen fingers and joints.
- The warmth and compressive properties of the gloves can alleviate joint stiffness and pain by increasing the circulation and blood flow in your hands and fingers.
- Gloves designed to alleviate pain caused by arthritis and similar conditions can also aid in helping improve your grip when you’re experiencing joint swelling or stiffness in your fingers.
Technically, all arthritis gloves can deliver compression that can help relieve pain. However, some are more effective than others. Depending on the severity of your arthritis symptoms, choosing the best pair of gloves that suits your lifestyle will help target and relieve the arthritis symptoms you’ve been experiencing more effectively. Most gloves you can in the market will have one or a combination of the following features.
- Splints for extra support
- Compression properties to help ease pain symptoms and increase blood circulation
- Heating elements to deliver consistent warmth that helps reduce inflammation caused by swelling and stiffness
- Copper-infused fabric for antimicrobial properties
How can I find the right pair of arthritis gloves that are right for me?
Like any medical treatment, arthritis gloves aren’t a one size fits all solution. However, it doesn’t hurt to invest in a pair to see if they provide any relief. Buying a pair of compression gloves to ease arthritis flare ups on your hands is kind of like finding a pair of shoes that fit just right. It takes a bit of trial and error to find the right combination of features that best suits your needs as well as finding the right pair that fits you perfectly. We’ve provided some guidelines below to make your search for the perfect pair of gloves easier:
- Fit: Find a pair of gloves that delivers its compressive properties on your palm and fingers. Make sure the edges don’t dig into your skin. A pair that’s too tight will be uncomfortable; and a pair that’s too loose won’t deliver the relief and support that you need.
- Fabric: Choose gloves that use breathable yet durable fabric for optimum comfort. This ensures that you’re comfortable enough in them to wear the gloves consistently throughout the day. Additionally, gloves that use stiff fabric have a tendency to limit your range of motion that may get in the way of your day-to-day activities.
- Fingers: Arthritis gloves are typically available in full or open finger styles. Full finger styles are ideal for colder climates as it helps keep your fingers warm while delivering compression. If you need gloves that offer more dexterity and grip, open finger gloves could be a better option.
- Heat therapy: Gloves with heating features are great for soothing swollen and inflamed joints on your fingers.
Doctor Arthritis offers a comprehensive selection of premium quality arthritis and compression gloves designed by doctors with first-hand experience in managing pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and similar conditions that affect the joints and mobility of the hands. Check out our range of the best compression gloves for arthritis today to find the ideal, non-invasive solution that can go hand in hand with your medical treatment.